Building Permits & Inspections

To obtain a permit in the City of Cool Valley, please complete and submit the proper application and fee for processing. 

If you need to obtain an electrical, plumbing or mechanical permit; please contact St. Louis County.



Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a permit for a shed?

Depends on the size of the shed. Two sets of drawings should get submitted to city hall for determination. Drawings should include cost of shed, materials and cost of materials. 

I am selling my home and need an inspection.

Applications are available on the website and in the city hall lobby; residential inspections are $125.00 and includes any reinspection needed.