Public Works Director
$17.60 PER HOUR
NO REMOTE WORK
This position requires a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation to and from work, ability to work in all weather conditions, ability to work alone with little to no directive, flexibility in skill sets, job assignment and applied time.
General Statement of Duties:
The Public Works Director is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all public streets, public buildings, parks and other facilities of public trust.
- Knowledgeably operates all department controlled equipment and vehicles.
- Operates back hoes, end loaders, dump trucks, cement cutters, street sweepers, and all other assigned equipment and vehicles.
- Periodically conduct general repair and maintenance on equipment, vehicles and City Hall.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of maintenance and safe operation of vehicles used by Public Works Department.
- Knowledge of maintenance and safe operation of equipment used by Public Works Department and City Hall staff.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with advanced technology through employer provided training and/or formal classes.
- Ability to use small tools, including power tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies: OSHA and DOT.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Mask are recommended in office areas and office is sanitized daily.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lawn care: 2 years (Required)
- street repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Snow plowing: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
*An application and resume is required.