People with Flood Damage in Missouri Can Apply for FEMA Help
ST. LOUIS – Renters and homeowners in St. Louis County, the City of St. Louis and St. Charles County who
were affected by flash flooding July 25-28 may apply for FEMA disaster assistance.
Apply online at DisasterAssistance.gov, by calling 800-621-3362 or by using the FEMA mobile app.
If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA the
number for that service.
For needs not covered by insurance or other sources, FEMA may be able provide Individual Assistance
grant money that does not have to be repaid for:
• Rental Assistance if you need to relocate because of flood damage
• Personal Property that was damaged or destroyed by flooding
• Lodging Reimbursement if you’ve had to stay in a hotel temporarily
• Basic Home Repairs for homeowners whose primary residence was damaged by flooding
• Other Serious Needs caused by recent flooding
• Only one application per household
FEMA does not pay for lost food.
When you apply with FEMA, have the following information ready:
• Phone number where you can be contacted
• Address at the time of the flooding
• Address where you are staying now
• Social Security Number of one member of the household
• Basic list of damage and losses
• Bank information if you choose direct deposit for FEMA money
• Insurance Information if you have insurance, including the policy number
If you have homeowners, renter’s or flood insurance, you should file a claim as soon as possible.
FEMA cannot duplicate benefits for losses covered by insurance. If your policy does not cover all your damage
expenses, you may be eligible for federal assistance.
Take photos to document damage, and begin cleanup and repairs to prevent further damage. Remember
to keep receipts from all purchases related to the cleanup and repair.
For an accessible video on how to apply for assistance, visit youtube.com/watch?v=WZGpWI2CNw
For disaster updates visit fema.gov/disaster/4665
Recovery.MO.gov continues to be a go-to, single source to help Missourians easily find information and disaster-related resources.